Friday, August 2, 2013

Smart Teacher Timesaver: This Farmer's Daughter Finally Bought a Purple Cow

August is here, teachers, and aren't we all in the panic mode!  As we begin the nine month marathon of rushed days and nights I've discovered that cutting corners does not always save you time.  I was blessed with having a media center across the street from my old school. But even with it across the street I was often too busy to take the time to laminate all of my creations. 

And then last year my students were hiding the Owl Hunt Cards--which I didn't laminate and  . . .


one student hid one of the cards in the sink!  Going back later and printing off that card took more of my time than if I had just got those cards laminated in the first place!  But we are oh so busy and the media hours are oh so small!

So yesterday . . . I went on a $19.89 dollar spending splurge at Costco and bought my first laminator--a Purple Cow!



It is amazing and even came with many laminating pockets.  Why does it sometimes take so long to finally purchase these teacher time savers?  Wish I had bought it years ago!  And for 20 bucks you really can't lose!


Happy Laminating!
 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment