Sunday, September 28, 2014

Smart Science Vocabulary Foldables



Do you take an active hands-on approach to science?  I love NOT using a textbook and using fun and engaging activities for student to explore science. I have found, however, that students need an organized system for keeping key notes and concepts.

I love interactive notebooks, but since I use them for ELA, Math and Religion choosing an interactive notebook for science would be a little over the top for my class.

Instead I create ways for students to compile key concepts and vocabulary a unit at a time.  In our animal adaptation unit we are making these foldables.


Students write down the key concepts and vocabulary as we study them.   They research to find examples and the next class period they share their findings.

I store these foldables in a dishpan in my classroom to help avoid the dreaded, "I can't find mine."

What ways do you use to keep students organized in science?

Here are some animal adaptation products in my store.
Adaptations: Plant and Animal SMART Board Lessons with printablesAnimal Adaptation Interactive Folder


Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment