Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Smart Classroom Themes: ZeDots

Choosing a yearly classroom décor is a fun part of the summer planning for a teacher.  Because I am changing schools this year, the task for deciding my yearly theme was very thought-provoking.  Do I use a theme I had done previously at my old school?  Do I choose something completely new and innovating?  The final results were based on two concepts: 1- I wanted my new room to be bright and welcoming. 2. It needed to be budget-friendly (we are currently paying school tuition for three) and therefore incorporate many elements that I already owned!  My decision---ZeDots--Zebra-Polka Dot Theme. I love polka dots and have many polka dot materials but I wanted to mix it with something to make it original.  So I combined the two themes.  I also know that finding additional zebra print and polka dot items at a great price will be easy! 

So far, I have designed my schedule cards--which are available for free here:




Also completed are  my  calendar items-- which are available for purchase in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
 
 



 This pack includes my newly designed behavior management system:





I will give more specific details about each item in future posts.  Are you still dreaming of classroom themes?  Maybe it's time for a combo theme to make it original!

Happy Dreaming!
 
Amy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment