Sunday, June 16, 2013

Classroom Themes . . . Old or New . . . Which will you do?

As I close the classroom door on the year--weary and teary, it doesn't take too long before I am contemplating next year's classroom theme.  Since I teach a split third and fourth grade, my third graders return next fall into my classroom as fourth graders.  Even if I had all new students--as I will next fall at a new school--I would still design a new classroom theme!

Even though this year's nautical theme is one of my favorites, by the end of the year I was feeling a little "ship-wrecked!"      

New themes, however take time to plan, make, and shop for!  They also take  $$$.

Therefore, I try to incorporate as many elements from my previous theme(s) into the new one!  Sometimes it just takes a little tweaking!


Polka Dot Pier
I love my partner reading nook called "Polka Dot Pier".  The kids loved reading there.  It will be a  keeper in my new theme next year--which, dear readers,  as of yet remains a secret!

Happy dreams . . . of themes!

                                                                                       Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment