Friday, August 9, 2013

Smart Teacher Getaways

We all know that it is truly a myth that teachers take the summer off.  Most of the teachers that I know hardly ever get away from their schoolwork!  I have spent the summer moving out of a classroom and into a new one in a different school.  New curriculum,new expectations,  new families, new co-workers, new procedures etc... Very head-spinning!  I didn't want to go into the schoolyear without some break!  As of August 1st I had only taken one day away from schoolwork! In my years of teaching I know that a teacher needs to enter the schoolyear marathon refreshed and ready!  So it was off to the perfect teacher getaway with my sister, the art teacher, to  . .  Door County, Wisconsin!


After some much needed R & R we went to an art studio.  The watercolor artist Connie Glowacki chatted with us for a good hour showing us how she paints her beautiful watercolors!
Then it was off to the  Hands-On Art Studio in Fish Creek.  In this remodeled old barn tourist can paint pottery and pick them up later!
If painting isn't your thing, you can make awesome metal works at the metal studio!
Maybe you are the delicate type.  You can tile glass designs at the glass studio!
Or . . .  best of all . . .you can design a tile to be part of the fabulous silo!  Now my father never had silos like that on our farm! (If only we had known what was possible!)
Fun times--lots of art--lots of shopping--lots of cherries-- and the beautiful Wisconsin water!
 
Now that is a smart teacher getaway!
 
Happy Getaways!
 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment