Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Smartly Designed Word Work: Tile Tuesday

Even though computers and iPads make great programs and Apps  to help students learn words, they also enjoy learning their spelling words with fun and creative tiles.  Last year, we had Tile Tuesday in our classroom. 



I spent the summer making 18 sets of creative "Puddles".  The students enjoyed working with them.  This year my puddles will be used everyday as part of our Reading Workshop rotation.  Here are some others that I created:







 

Students liked the creative names I gave them and the creative storage containers.  I bought the glass puddles at the Dollar Store and modged podged  paper on the back with a letter sticker.  Some of the small puddles I just stuck a letter sticker on the top of the glass.  For other ideas I raided the toy closet at our house.  (Legos)
I bought pieces of felt that matched each set to quiet the puddles on the kids' desks.

There's nothing like smartly designed materials to motivate students! 

Happy Puddling!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment