Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Smartly Designed Finishing Touches

My classroom is a sea of  tan, beige, biscuit, camel, taupe--whatever you call it.  The color, as boring as it may seem, serves as an excellent background for popping in lots of color.  Sometimes even the smallest details can make a huge difference!

I have these wonderful cork strips running across the front of my classroom.


The cork strips are great for hanging student work or posters.  But there's that beige, tan, camel color again!  It needed a little ZING!

A few weeks ago I went on a fabric search at JoAnn's Fabrics and Crafts and found some amazing interface material that was perfect for my "Wild about Reading" Library Theme Board!  It was cheap, durable, and easier to work with than fabric.

Reading Workshop Board with Zebra Interfacing Background

The interfacing is easy to cut and smoothly install!

I put the leftover pieces to use to add some color to the corkstrips!


Just a small detail that makes a HUGE impact behind the posters I hung up!  



Think about the small details that will make a BIG difference in your classroom design!

Happy Finishing!

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment