Friday, July 19, 2013

Smartly Designed Classroom Comfort Zones

One great part of being a teacher is the amount of treasures that are given to you for your classroom. People are always asking if you need anything! As I work in my new classroom I am so thrilled that someone donated this awesome treasure to my room.  Oh the possibilities!!??

Plaid Potential

The couch I can take, but the plaid--already lived that era!  So, after a few shopping trips to fabric stores and the local Wal-Mart  the couch transformed into. . .


Zebra Reading Comfort Zone
 
A perfect addition to my Wild About Reading Classroom Library Zone! All for under $13.00!

My mission:  First, I searched for fabric!  But for $7/yard on sale I was not easily parting with the 7 x 4= 30 some dollars to cover this plaid potential. To Wal-Mart I went---and found the perfect zebra treasure-- 50x60 inch fleece throw for a mere $2.88!  Wow!  Much cheaper than the fabric route and no cutting or sewing involved!  It took 4 throws to cover the couch completely. I used a few upholstery pins to keep the fleece firmly in place!

One great library couch.  One great comfort zone for a tired teacher at the end of the busy school day!

What can you transform this week?

                                                          Happy Transforming!

                                                Amy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment