Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Smart Reading Rotation Boards

Ahoy Mateys!  Time to decorate the classroom! 
This year will be my 29th year of teaching and I am still amazed at how long it takes to decorate the classroom for a new year!  Yesterday, I journeyed to Michael's and JoAnn Crafts to be inspired. Michael's slogan is "Where Creativity Happens" so let's see if that is true!

 I purchased a few items that were on sale-red burlap, netting border, and some twine-- not exactly knowing how I was going to put everything together.

Today, I spent 7 hours at school trying to put it all together!  The result is my new:
 Reading Workshop Rotation Board 

Reading Rotation Board by  Amy's Smart Designs
My Reading changes so much during the year, depending on the needs of the students and the genre we are studying,  so I wanted a board that I could change quickly.  I pinned the stations on for a quick change if I decide on new station topics or  when I have a couple weeks of literature circle groups. Then I can pin the book title up.
Station pinned on for a quick change

Since my classroom theme is nautical  this year, I couldn't pass up this twine I found at Michael's.  I bought it for my students' reading bins, but I had enough left to use for this project too.

The boats can be easily rotated by hanging them on the paperclip hook.

Boat tags available in my store--Tons of Tags-Just click

Do you have a rotation board for reading?  What changes are you implementing this year?


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment