Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Teacher Next Door Makes Life Interesting

Yes, it's me.  I'm that teacher next door.  I am that person that might go out early on a cold February morning to get the newspaper in some crazy dress-up week outfit.  You might see me return from the public library with a huge crate of kids books. You might even see me drive to school in my pajamas or a Laura Ingalls Wilder dress.  I am the neighbor who returns back home many mornings just a few minutes after leaving for school because I forgot  some needed supply such as the cabbage juice for a science experiment. Well, last night, I was that teacher out in my backyard spray painting  my teacher stool.

 Do you ever wonder what the neighbors think about your "teacher mannerisms"?

Last night was perfect painting weather so I took the time to redesign my teacher stool.  My teacher stool has been with me for about 20 years.  I think is was a Target purchase for $9.99.  For many years it was basic black with blond wooden legs. And then-- tragedy struck--the black vinyl seat ripped!!! Not wanting to part with my stool I recovered my stool with Duct Tape.  This "reducting" is now a yearly event as I design my stool to match my classroom theme.

In 2012 my stool was the "Zebra Stool."


 Last year it was transformed into "Polka Dot Perch."



Since this "Polka Dot Perch" would greatly clash with this year's Nautical Theme, I was outside into the dark evening painting and "ducting." 

2014 brings . . . The Captain's Chair!


I am sure that my neighbors are wondering about my new house decor.  Perhaps, they think that I am being a little over patriotic.  Or they have just gotten used to the strange things that occur--with the teacher next door.

Have your teacher projects ever caused curiosity in your neighborhood?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment