Thursday, July 10, 2014

Smart and Meaningful Home Office Finishing Touches


In June my home office went from this . . .

1990's wallpaper and blah beige
to this  . . . . . . .
calm 2014 "Ocean Kiss"

Mission Possible: Keep my office uncluttered and calm as an ocean.  I have worked hard to keep it that way despite the growing amount of projects that I am presently working on.

I  have taken my time to add the remaining decor simply because I fear that it will get cluttered.

My goal is to make the decor attractive since it is the first room guests see when they enter through our front door, yet meaningful since it is my teacher office. 

Here are some meaningful items that I have added lately.

I was puzzled about whether to add a chalkboard/ memo board or add photos of my family on the office wall.  Today, I found this Memo Board at Bed, Bath and Beyond!  Perfect!  It is magnetic so it works perfectly for both attaching memos of reminders and the kids photos. Just couldn't pass this up!

My memo/picture board

No more blank wall--memo board looks great!
 My bookshelf holds the projects I am presently working on, but it also displays some meaningful items.
A" must read" book each year and two angels given to me by two special students.

This bear has been with me at least 15 years.  It is a great reminder of another special student who had a very wonderful and thankful mother.  I think I should have given her the bear for all the support she gave to me.

This awesome project from http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/ is my favorite. ( I so love Jen's blog and she is even from my hometown!)  A couple summers ago my daughter and I each made one.  It is so handy to carry around the house when working on projects. Last year I had it at school. (Container is from Target--I saw them there this year and was tempted to make a few more!)
 This is my view when I walk out of my office.  The cross is not only my strength each day, but it was made by a former colleague who inspired me as a teacher more than he will ever know.  The bag is also another gift from a student appropriately named "Grace."
Amazing Grace
What special items do you surround yourself with to continue to give meaning to your workspace?

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment