Thursday, June 20, 2013

Smart Summer Organizing Tasks: Project Common Core Math

As a teacher in 2013 there probably isn't a day that goes by without hearing those precious words "common core."  I am sure that you have some/many common core summer projects.  This year my head was constantly spinning with common core projects and ideas!  My experience tells me, however, that before I begin any project I need an organization plan.  Too many times in the past I have created plans and projects and then peppered them throughout the classroom and at home. Then I spent frantic minutes before/after school looking for items or spent my summer vacation time organizing everything! This time my organization came first!  My first organization plan began with a trip to the local Wal-Mart to scout out bins for my common core math centers.  I knew I wanted them clear, not too large, and stackable.  This is what I ended up finding.  I bought two--tested them out and then went back for more!


Amy's SMART Designs Common Core Math Bins
I have six total bins as I write this----in my home office since I am moving schools this year. But they are small enough to transport home to work on or fill up with centers. I will probably purchase at least one more soon as my "Operations" bin is getting quite full.  I will be splitting the four operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in their own bins in the future since third and four graders work on all of these operations extensively.  To help you get started here are my bin labels for free.   Just print and slip in your bin for easy peasy finding! No more frantic minutes before school!




Free bin labels at TpT

                                                                 Happy Organizing!

                                                                        Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment