Friday, August 1, 2014

Ways to Infuse Scripture into the Christian Classroom Decor

Since I teach my students for two years, I find it very important to change my classroom decor and theme each year.  The fourth graders are always amazed at the transformation to their old third grade classroom every fall.

There are so many products available on the market for classroom decor.  It is a little more challenging to bring in the heart and soul of my school--God's Word-- into the decor.  There are just so many designs from which to choose.  So I pick the theme and then find ways to infuse scripture.

This year's nautical theme is always my favorite.  It is so easy to connect the theme to the Word of God.  First, I found 5 scripture passages that connected to the nautical theme.  I made posters to display in the room.  I decided to group the posters on a bulletin board.

I put this together mostly with materials that I already had handy in my classroom stock.  Next, I created student desktags that matched the posters.  I created five different types so that all students wouldn't have the same type.  The students seem to like variety.  I will probably print them off again only smaller later on in the year as the tags wear out.

My posters and nametags are available in my TpT Store.


Don't forget about stocking up during next week's TpT sale!!


If you teach in a Christian classroom, how do you infuse scripture into your decor?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment