Monday, August 4, 2014

Smart Ways to Purchase Classroom Decor



It's finally here . . .  the big TpT Sale.  I have a growing wishlist of so many wonderful products from amazing teachers.  Lately I have been reflecting back on how the purchasing of teacher supplies has changed since I first began my educational journey in the 80's. (gasp!)

When I first began teaching I would actually fill out a paper order form of a publishing company and mail (you remember stamps) in the form and wait a couple weeks to receive the materials.  Some of you might remember those days!?

For many years I made a few trips each August to a teacher supply store.  I would spend hours there pondering over the materials.  Sometimes I had to bring my little kiddos along so it was a challenge keeping them in line and looking at products. Don't miss those stares of "Why didn't you leave your kiddos at home?!"

A few years ago I discovered Teacher's Pay Teachers!  This collaboration of teacher products has changed my life SO much!  To have the most amazing resources just a click away is beyond what I ever dreamed!  Here are just some of the advantages of purchasing at TpT:
1. Quick: To purchase a material and use it that day-yes, I've done this-is amazing!
2. Price Break: The products are so reasonably priced--especially during a sale.
3. Classroom Tested: Most of the materials have been used in the creators classrooms so you know  that is will work in yours in most cases.
4. Custom: Many sellers will customize materials.  Just ask!  (I will!)
5. Support a Teacher: Many times the profits the teachers receive from their sales go to amazing projects: adopting a child, charity, paying for the family's health insurance, college tuition, college loans,buying groceries,  and purchasing their own supplies in their classrooms. You are really helping a fellow worker!

If you are stilling pondering classroom decor I have some beautiful nautical theme products in my store--and they are classroom tested, teacher designed, reasonably priced, can be customized, and just a click away!







Happy buying!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment