Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Smart Summer Office Makeover!

I spent many years as a teacher working at home at night in what you might say "unprofessional" work spaces.  Correcting papers on the floor in front of the TV, rocking a little one and working in the rocker, at the kitchen table as the kiddos complete their homework.

Ten years ago (Wow! I can't believe it has been that long!) we moved into a larger four bedroom colonial house that had a front office room.  We had spent weeks stripping wallpaper off the walls of many of the other rooms and decided to just leave the office as it was-- like this!
The wallpaper looked very studious so we just left it for then.  I always was going to "get around" to changing it . . . but . . .

This summer was the time to complete the office make-over!  It is the first room visitors see when they enter our home and it was becoming an ugly eyesore of my stacks of books!

I have numerous summer projects for school this year so I needed to get my office completed within the first two weeks of my vacation so I could spend the rest of the summer working in a wonderful new space!

My daughter and I spent three days stripping wallpaper and washing walls!  I am proud to say we now have NO wallpaper left in our home!!!!
The walls were primed

and painted--Behr "Ocean Kiss."
 My grandfather's library table--my desk was moved back in!

 Earlier this spring I had purchased a Target chair to use as my chair after the make-over!
Our computer desk was moved into the corner.  A great place for the kiddos to work on homework.
I have vowed to keep this space neat, tidy and clean! 
My bookshelf was cleaned and downsized!

This week I spent adding a few more details to make my office a little more cozy.  
 A clearance find at Hobby Lobby for an office treat of chocolate almonds!
 See Jane Work office supplies!
Today I made three valances from one Target curtain panel, some foam board, and duct tape!

So confident I will get much accomplished this summer in this beautiful new space!

What smart new space can you create this summer!

Happy Creating!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment