Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Classroom Couch . . .Oh, it's Time for Another Smart Design



I inherited this couch when I arrived in my new classroom three years ago.  I lived the "country decor" many decades ago, so I knew that I would need to come up with a smart redesign.





In 2013, I redesigned ole' plaidy into the famous "Zebra Couch."  The kids loved it, and it held up very well to a steady amount of daily student readers!


In 2014, our classroom was a nautical theme so old Zebra had to go!  With the help of a Target shower curtain and some blue fleece that I found around the house, it took on a whole new look!


This year, my classroom theme is Dotty Star, so good-bye stripes!  First, I found these dotty fleece blankets at Wal-Mart for a mere $2.88 each!
Displaying IMG_3070.JPG

Add a few T pins and  . . . 

Displaying IMG_3069.JPG

I added one blanket on each side.  Good symmetry lesson!

Displaying IMG_3071.JPG

Then placed the third piece of fleece on the seat!
Displaying IMG_3072.JPG


Finally, the fourth piece and a few T-pins to hold it in place.
Displaying IMG_3073.JPG

Displaying IMG_3075.JPG

Then, a little black to make it look less girlish! 

Displaying IMG_3076.JPG


Here it is!  Waiting for all those wonderful third and fourth graders and the many books they will read this year!  

And it all started with this . .  .

What a few blankets and pins can do!

What redesigns will you do this summer to welcome those readers?

Enjoy!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment