Sunday, August 28, 2016

What will Students Remember about your Classroom?

What do you remember about your childhood classrooms?  Sometimes, it may be one little item.  For me, I remember a giant paper mache' giraffe outside my kindergarten classroom door.  I remember, Mrs. DeMott's(my fourth grader teacher) penny loafers( in many colors).
What will  your students remember about their classroom years from now?

I am thinking that this year my students will remember this:

What is "this"?  The Emoji pillow!

Each year I recover my old plaid classroom couch. 




 I have purchased a couple sets of fleece blankets (about 2 bucks each) from Walmart.  It takes four of them to cover the entire couch.   They transform the couch into an inviting place for students to read.  Plus, I can remove the covers from time to time and wash them to keep our classroom clean.

The Emoji pillow was just purchased at Walmart on a whim.  It seems, however, after three days into the schoolyear that this pillow will be the "hit" of the year!  I am thinking that Mr. Emoji pillow will be the one thing that is remembered about my classroom this year.

Former students have come back into my classroom to take a peek at our new pillow. The word is out. Parents have told me that their child LOVES third grade because it has a couch with an Emoji pillow.

Who would think that one little $4.95 item would add so much to education?  What decor accent are you adding this year to make your classroom memorable?


Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment